WELS Check testing report - Showers and Toilets
This report provides the findings of preliminary check testing work conducted on 10 showers and eight toilets.
Showers selected for this report included -
- a variety of claimed flow rates ranging from 5.5 L/min to an unspecified flow rate (assumed to be more than 16 L/min);
- a variety of claimed star ratings ranging from 3 stars to a zero star rating;
- a variety of arrangements including just the shower head itself or the shower head in combination with an arm attachment that varied in shape and operation (e.g. fixed or pivotal);
- hand held models and fixed to the wall models;
- models that had a fixed spray pattern as well as models where the spray pattern was adjustable for up to 3 positions; and
- showers labelled to indicate that they were intended for "high" water pressure application or that it could be used for "low" water pressure application.
Toilets selected for this report included -
- five toilets that -
- had close coupled cisterns,
- had pans that had either a box rim or open rim and either a narrow vertical walled sump or a splayed sump; and
- were rated as either a 3 star with a nominal discharge volume of 6/3 L or rated as a 4 star with a nominal discharge volume of 4.5/3 L;
- a standard toilet having a plastic cistern connected to the pan by a high level flush pipe and rated as 3 star with a nominal discharge volume of 6/3 L;
- a toilet with an in-wall cistern connected to the pan by a low level flush pipe; and rated as 4 star with a nominal discharge volume of 4.5/3 L
- a toilet with a mains pressure dual flush valve connected to a popular pan. The mains pressure flush valve was rated as 3 star with a nominal discharge volume of 6/3 L.